ERA Franchise Systems LLC EMPLOYMENT SCAM ALERT
ERA Franchise Systems LLC strongly believes in the importance of protecting personally identifiable information of all consumers. Be wary of unauthorized parties identifying themselves as a “Hiring Manager” of ERA Franchise Systems LLC or something similar and offering potential work opportunities.
We recently have been made aware of sham ERA Franchise Systems LLC job postings on Indeed.com. After an individual submits a resume through Indeed, he/she is emailed by a “Hiring Manager” to set up an online interview via Google Hangout or a similar service. The scammers then attempt to collect personal information by falsely claiming it is for “verification purposes” or by providing a fake “Offer of Employment” on our letterhead and requiring that it be signed and returned along with a copy of a photo I.D and direct deposit bank information. A victim also may be sent a bogus check to cover equipment expenses for the phony position, then are asked to wire any remaining funds back to the scammer. Once the check is discovered to be counterfeit, the thief is gone and the victim is responsible to the bank for the entire amount of the fraudulent check.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THESE TYPES OF EMAILS AND PRACTICES ARE NOT ORIGINATING FROM ERA Franchise Systems LLC AND WE DO NOT SEEK CANDIDATES FOR EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN THIS WAY.
ALL AVAILABLE JOB OPPORTUNITIES WITH ERA Franchise Systems LLC AND OTHER REALOGY BRANDS AND BUSINESSES CAN BE FOUND AT THE FOLLOWING LINK, AND ALL JOB SEEKERS SHOULD APPLY FOR A POSITION DIRECTLY THROUGH OUR SECURE ONLINE PORTAL AT:https://jobs.realogy.com/
If you have provided personally identifiable information (such as your social security number, bank numbers or credit card information) to an unauthorized party, please contact one of the following agencies to report this disclosure and receive guidance on any further actions you should take to protect your identity:
• FTC toll free hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
• FTC online complaint form (http://www.ftc.gov/)
• Canadian PhoneBusters hotline: 888-495-8501
• Internet Fraud Complaint Center (http://www.ic3.gov/)
• Non-emergency number for your local police department.
• The government agency in your country responsible for dealing with fraud.
For more information on wire-fraud scams or to report an incident, please refer to the following links:
• Federal Bureau of Investigation: http://www.fbi.gov/
• Internet Crime Complaint Center: http://www.ic3.gov/
• National White Collar Crime Center: http://www.nw3c.org/
• On Guard Online: http://www.onguardonline.gov/